Tuesday, May 6, 2008

my tenets

everything there is to know about creating an advertising campaign, i learned from myself. i am the client, after all.

you, poor people you, and i mean that in the monetary term as well, are so goddamn lucky to be learning from me. take these to heart and you too shall be on top of the marketing ladder, bossing it over to advertising agencies unlucky enough to be servicing whatever brands you will be handling. servicing, i love that word. doesn't it make them agency people sound like the prostitutes that they are?

on to my tenets:

1. the client is king. 

this cannot be refuted, doubted, and disputed. a lot have tried both from my marketing staff to ad agency slaves, and they all have failed. they all have been fired never to get a glimpse of my genius ever again. i repeat my blog's tagline (i learned that word from a junior copywriter whom i intimidated and harassed on her first presentation) to bring this point to a close: he who signs the C.E. creates the campaign. that's right, i, the client, dare to use the word create.

2. the consumer is stupid.

henry ford, the inventor of the automobile and my own personal marketing hero once said:
"if i had asked what my consumers wanted, they would have replied, 'a faster horse.'" i rest my case.

3. the advertising agency is a supplier.

if your puny, little mind can accommodate only a bit of my wisdom, forget that first two tenets and drill this third point into your brain. this is what will make you survive, get ahead, and to use the word again, create groundbreaking campaigns. this is what this blog is about. this is what you can expect from my brilliance. i will be explaining this point in all future posts so that everyone will know how to behave like a king.

No comments: