Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a word on awards

i was halfway doctoring my books so i can cheat the government of a few millions when my phone rang. it was the brainless account something of my favorite supplier, the ad agency. i thought it was a reminder of the monthly agency-sponsored lunch of the restaurant of my choice. i was wrong. turns out the bitch wanted to "run" some ads so that they could enter it in an awards show. i then ask, why would they do that? the moron replied, so that the brand, my brand could be recognized. recognized by whom? i ask again although my voice is showing that i am about to say "fuck you" to her. she then tried to be charming (aren't all whores) saying, recognition by the whole advertising industry. that's when i got confused. why would an industry recognize itself. wouldn't it be better if they just cheat the government than enter some awards show? of course i said no. even threatened that if ever a single piece of ad of my brand is entered, much more win, i am giving the account to another agency without the benefit of a pitch. when it was obvious i have rattled her brain cells - all seven of them - i gently reminded her when is the agency-sponsored lunch.

awards. why would my supplier, the ad agency have all the glory. only me, the client should be in the limelight. after all, i am the one giving them their money, no matter how shortchanged they are. i am more intelligent than all of my agency's creative combined, thus only i should be the one to have an award. if ever there is an award show that only have the client on its credits, that i will join. why make wining creatives' egos all the more bloated? they're just my suppliers, my bitches anyway.

awards. the word is "unnecessary".

No comments: